セミナーで発表後、必ず概要を投稿してください。
投稿記事にコメントが付けられていきます。

2009年7月16日

My Personal Experience and Comments on DH09

Alejandro Toledo Nolasco
Research Assistant/PhD Student, Global COE Program
Digital Humanities Center for Japanese Arts and Cultures
http://ice.ci.ritsumei.ac.jp/~alex/

In my opinion, the DH09 conference was a great experience for several reasons. First, it was my first time giving a talk to an academic audience of such quality.  In my experience, DH09 gave me more confidence at researching on the combination of the fields of Information Visualization and Digital Humanities.
Concerning my presentation, I think I was able to communicate the main concepts of our paper, and according to the time available for the talk, I also think that I could use the time and contents effectively. I was not asked from the chair for observing the remaining time. I receive three questions. Two of them were similar to questions we had made ourselves during our weekly seminars. The first one:  “why do you use that visualization technique and not others?”. Second question:  “what kind of preprocessing did you make on the data your system is based on?”. In my opinion, I could give reasonable answers to those questions, although I had a problem to understand the third one. I think it was due to a limitation I had at that moment to understand the very fluent English. After the session I find the person who asked the question and then we had a talk to make clear the concepts she had in mind. Ultimately, I realized that it was about a suggestion more than a question itself.
Finally, according to the feedback received from some academics, and also to the contents of several interesting papers, I could perceive that there were similarities in some of the results provided by the presenters. Especially, in the context of visualization systems there is a strong trend in the use of that kind of tool tools on digital humanities artifacts, which means that we are aligned with the worldwide research tendencies,
Thanks.

トラックバック(0)

このブログ記事を参照しているブログ一覧: My Personal Experience and Comments on DH09

このブログ記事に対するトラックバックURL: https://www.arc.ritsumei.ac.jp/lib/mt_gcoe/mt-tb.cgi/2530

コメントする

• GCOEセミナーディスカッション

• 最近のエントリー

• アーカイブ

新拠点セミナー
GCOEセミナーディスカッション
GCOE運営活動と記録
世界と日本・DH研究の動向
E-journal
21世紀COE成果サイト
研究班紹介動画
リンク集