【Application closed】10th Forum for Knowledge, Arts, and Culture in Digital Humanities - Call for Presenters (Deadline: January 12, 2021)
The 10th Forum for Knowledge, Arts, and Culture in Digital Humanities will be held online on Saturday, February 13, 2021. We are now calling for presenters to join this event.
Application method and deadline:
Please submit your research topic and a research abstract (no more than 200 words) by email to kacimeeting+2021■gmail.com (please change "■" to "@").
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
Presentation time: About 20 minutes including questions (to be adjusted according to the number of presenters).
*Presentation time and instructions for submitting presentation materials will be sent to the presenters after the deadline.
Participation fee: Free of charge
*Furthermore, a social gathering (held online) is planned after the presentations.
The Forum for Knowledge, Arts and Culture in Digital Humanities was launched in 2011 as a platform for presentations and exchange mainly among postgraduate students and young researchers interested in the digital humanities research in arts, culture, and other related fields, and it has held nine research meetings until today.
This meeting offers an opportunity for participants to discover new research themes and methods through human interaction in different fields, and we also welcome exploratory and adventurous presentations that are slightly different from conventional conference presentations.
Date: Saturday, February 13, 2021
*The schedule will be adjusted according to the number of presenters.
Participation method: Online meeting
1. Research in the arts and culture and other fields using information technology
2. Research in information technology that can be applied to arts, culture, and other fields
Samples of research presentation content:
1. Structural analysis, modeling, visualization, and knowledge discovery of information and knowledge in the arts and other fields
2. Representation, production, organization, database construction, retrieval, and provision of information and knowledge in the arts and other fields
3. E-publishing, digital libraries, digital museums and art galleries
4. Terminology in the arts and other fields, thesaurus
5. Distribution and intellectual ownership of information and knowledge in the arts and other fields
6. Open data, data publishing, linked data
7. The Internet, Semantic Web, Web x.0, etc.
8. Other research and development related to information and knowledge for a wide range of cultures
Organizer: The Forum for Knowledge, Arts, and Culture in Digital Humanities
Facilitators (in alphabetical order): Ryo AKAMA (Ritsumeikan University), Naoki TAKUBO (Kinki University), Takehiko MURAKAWA (Wakayama University)
Co-organizer: The Kansai Division of the Art Documentation Society and the Kansai Division of the Japan Society of Information and Knowledge
In cooperation with the International Joint Digital Archiving Center for Japanese Art and Culture (ARC-iJAC), Art Research Center, Ritsumeikan University.