Digital Archive Support／Overview
The Art Research Center (ARC) has been digitizing Japanese cultural resources located not only in Japan but also in various countries around the world, particularly in Europe and in the United States, offering the digitized materials to the organizations holding the original resources. In its capacity as the Digital Archive Research Center for Japanese Cultural Resources (hereafter “the Center”), ARC applies the skills and knowledge of digital archiving it has developed over the years to efficiently digitize and compile into databases a diverse range of cultural resources held by organizations, institutions, and individuals.
As the goal of the Center’s effort in creating digital archives is academic research and not monetary profit, cultural resources can be digitized, complied into databases, and made available online by the Center for only the cost of actual expenses.
- Nihon University Center for Information Networking
- Kunitachi College of Music Library Takeuchi Collection
- Maizuru City Prefectural Board of Education Itoi Collection
- osaka castle Nanki collection
- Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum
Outside of Japan
- UK The British Museum
- USA MFA, Boston
- Germany Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg, Museum fur Ostasiatische Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden
- Greece Asian Art Museum, Corfu
- Czech Republic National Museum Pragu, Naprstek Museum
- Netherlands National Museum of Ethnology, Leiden
- Italy Venice Oriental Art Museum, Chiossone Oriental Art Museum, Marega collection, Salesian University Library