The Digital Archive Research Center for Japanese Cultural Resources promotes academic digital archiving of information concerning Japanese culture. It provides a digital environment and facilities accommodating the various requirements of a diverse range of research, and encourages humanities scholars of Japanese culture to conduct research in Applied Humanities employing Digital Humanities (DH) approaches.
The wealth of scholarly information digitized and scientifically managed in the digital archives will be a valuable resource that adds depth to and expands new horizons for research in the humanities.
- Promoting development of digital archives by encouraging everyday research activities in the humanities to be “born-digital.”
- Creating a constructive cycle of research activities in which digital archives dramatically increase research efficiency.
- Providing an environment in which the efficiency of digital archives facilitates large-scale projects of a scope previously unthinkable, and producing advanced research results.
FY 2018 Adopted Joint Research Projects
Support Contents for Joint Research Projects
- A. Research Funds: Joint Research Projects with Research Funds
- B. Providing a Digital Research Environment
- C. Use of ARC Databases and Library
- D. Digital Archive Support
- E. Facility and Equipment Rental
- F. Technical Support Board
- G. Support for Junior Researchers