10 Ways to Customize a Fingerboard
There are several simple and easy , inexpensive ways to customize a typical tech deck fingerboard.
1.Paint Deck: One of the easiest things you can do is obtain a bit of sand paper or an emery board and lightly scratch of the image around the fingerboard deck. Following the deck is smooth and also the old graphic is taken away,acrylic paint does apply.
2.Reshape Deck: A typical finger skateboard can be reshaped utilizing a heat source. First remove the grip tape then lightly heat the deck making the plastic soft. Making use of your fingers bend and shape the board to create higher kicks, and curves.
3.Paint the Trucks: Painting the trucks is a great method to customize a fingerboard making it truly stand out. Take the bottom and top trucks apart, lightly sand them. Carefully paint every part of the truck aside from the threaded portion where the wheels attach.
4. Paint Bolts/Screws: Painting the micro screws and tiny bolts is often over seen custom fingerboards.The small parts could be painted by tying these to a piece of thread and dipping them into the desired paint color.
5. Dye Wheels: The wheels that include tech decks can be dyed using regular fabric dyes. Stick to the manufacturers instructions for implementing the dye. But leave the wheels in for more than is recommended to insure a brighter color.
6. Change Wheels: Anybody seriously interested in customizing their fingerboard will ultimately consider getting new wheels. Completely custom after market wheels can be purchased which include hi-tech micro ball bearing that boost the speed.
7. Add Risers: Risers would be the small plastic pieces that sit under the bottom of the truck. Adding risers can boost the pop from the board making tricks easier.
8. Change Bushings: Tech decks include hard plastic bushings that do not allow for much give. Soft PVC bushings are available in a number of colors and add a great customized look.
9. Add Pivot Cups: Pivot cups are used once the contact between the the kingpin on top truck and the master hole at the base truck aren't connecting. The pivot cup covers the space between the two and supports the truck firmly together. They are available in a number of colors.
10.Custom Grip Tape: customizing check your grip tape on a fingerboard is simple. Using a pencil draw out a design around the paper side of the tape. Cut from the design arranging different colors to form different patterns.